Location: Head Office (with UK and foreign travel as required)
Reports To: Marine Manager
Qualifications: Chief Officer or Master Unlimited CoC
Experience required: Time served as Chief Officer or higher, preferably on RoRos or similar. Previous experience as Marine Superintendent would be desirable, but not essential.
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday – Friday with OOHs work, as and when required
Salary: Subject to experience and qualifications
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK and hold either a British / EU passport or unrestricted work visa.
To act under the direction of the QHSE Manager and Marine Manager to ensure the safe operation of managed vessels, with special reference to occupational health and safety and emergency response matters. In accordance with the ISM Code, the Marine Superintendent will monitor the safety and pollution prevention aspects.
• To monitor the company’s Safety, Security, Quality and Environmental Management system performance and policy’s, and to actively promote these throughout the company’s fleet.
• To visit, or arrange visits to managed vessels on a regular basis to ensure that the company’s standards of safety and pollution prevention and other instructions are maintained.
• To assist with monitoring and arranging internal and external audits, as well as conducting internal audits, related to ISM, ISPS, ISO and MLC for managed vessels, as directed by the QHSE Manager.
• To assist with monitoring and tracking QHSE reporting on board and ashore, including accident, near miss, non-conformity and defect reporting; maintaining the company’s records and databases for QHSE reporting, and assisting with the process of response and corrective action.
• To assist with inquiries and investigate accidents and hazardous occurrences as directed by the Marine Manager.
• To assist with the conduct and promotion of Health and Safety and Quality Assurance matters as directed by the Marine Manager or QHSE Manager.
• To assist with the compilation and distribution of QHSE statistics.
• To assist with monitoring, processing and responding to monthly and annual QHSE returns including HESS meeting minutes and Master’s reviews.
• To assist with vessel operational matters related to cargo, monitoring chart and publication supply, charter documentation, registration/deregistration, statutory documentation as directed by the Marine Operations Manager.
• To assist with routine invoicing process as directed by the Marine Operations Manager.
• To assist with obtaining and filing documents and information related to marine insurance claims as directed by the Marine Operations Manager.
• To monitor the inventory and track fleet operational equipment as directed by the Marine Operations Manager.
• To keep abreast of all current and future regulatory developments that affect the industry and the fleet, ensuring such regulations are complied with.
• To assist with carrying out training for shore and sea staff as required.
• To act as a member of the company’s emergency response team.
• Attend conferences, seminars, departmental and inter-department meetings as may be required.
• Perform other duties as designated by the Managing Director or Marine Manager from time to time.
• Assist with the Deck Officer and Cadet Candidate selection process as required.
• Authority for expenditure in accordance with the relevant section of the OPM.
Hello and welcome to FindSeaJobs.com - a project that helps seafarers find maritime vacancies worldwide. Our engine is designed to search internet and index sea jobs and display them here in one place.